A fire that broke out Tuesday at a Route 37 massage business has been ruled accidental, fire officials said Wednesday.
On Tuesday morning, the East Dover, Pleasant Plains, Silverton and Ocean Beach fire companies were dispatched to Massage Wellness, located at 1214 Route 37 East, officials said.
Firefighters located the source of the fire quickly – a dryer located in the rear of the business – and extinguished any remaining flames. The business sustained minimal fire damage due to its sprinkler system activating and only sustained moderate smoke and water damage.
Assistant Chief John Novak of Toms River Fire Company No. 2 was first to arrive on scene, who later turned command over to Chief Michael Muttie.
The fire investigation was conducted by Richard Foster of the Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention, Chris Bonner of the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office and Jesse Lampf of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. It was determined that the cause of the fire was accidental, caused by spontaneous ignition of oil-soaked towels inside the dryer.